Monday, December 24, 2012

Mac & Cheese!!!

This is my favorite Mac & Cheese recipe, although people also rave about Pioneer Woman's recipe and I haven't tried that one (yet).

This is one is so creamy and tasty!!!

Company Mac & Cheese
From Taste of Home Annual Recipe book 2000

1 7 oz package of elbow macaroni (almost 1 cup of uncooked macaroni)
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 package cream cheese, cubed
2 cups (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cook macaroni according to directions on package. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth.  Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to the cheese sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 3 quart baking dish. Cook at 400 degrees uncovered 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

(the recipe calls for dried bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons butter. I don't usually do that thought, because I have a hard enough time trying to get my kids to eat mac and cheese...I'm really not sure if they're my kids if they don't like mac!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment