Sunday, July 3, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Now, again, when your husband says "mmmmm....honey, this is good!" you know it's a keeper. For me, Chili's has the BEST broccoli cheese soup, and I personally don't this this is as good, but Jery does...he says it's better!

I modified the recipe in the cookbook Don't Panic....Dinner's in the Freezer. It's a good one...I've made and thoroughly enjoyed many of these recipes!

1 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
1/4 cup flour (I think you need more, but not a half cup...somewhere in between!)
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. salt
4-5 ounces of Velveeta cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese

In a stockpot, heat the first 6 ingredients to boiling; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Photobucket


Whisk together the milk, flour, paprika, and salt in a bowl.
Photobucket

Add to broth mixture and cook until thick and bubbly.
Photobucket

Add cheese and stir until melted.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Can you say yum?

1 comment:

  1. Broccoli Cheese soup is my favorite soup out there. Whenever I'm in a soup mood, this is what I try to find. Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to try this one! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete