Thursday, June 16, 2011

True Story.

When I was a kid, we had a turkey. It was kind of my turkey. My dad won it at some sort of deal at the Moose. I think it was a bid for a turkey and so he bid on it, as it was close to Thanksgiving time. So we wins the bid! He's so excited because he got this turkey for Thanksgiving for a very good price. When they brought out the box with the turkey in it, out popped a head...!!!! It was a live turkey! Dad thought he was getting a frozen turkey for dinner! I think that story in and of itself is hilarious! But frankly, to me, anyway, it gets better. Here is my turkey...

Photobucket

I loved that turkey. That turkey was hilarious. Every morning Dad would stick his head out the door and gobble, gobble, gobble to the turkey and it would gobble back (some day I'll write about Dad's dog barking incident...it's another good story!).

What I think is great is....guess what my turkey's name was????????

Wait for it....

Wait for it....




Wait for it....





I named that turkey JERRY!!!!!!!   I like to write to my kids when I teach about how I had a turkey as a child...my story went something along these lines (remember it's 2nd grade!)

When I was a kid, I had a turkey!
It was such a fun turkey. It would gobble gobble gobble at my dad.
I named that precious turkey Jerry! And when I grew up, I MARRIED A TURKEY NAMED JERY!!!!

The End

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: