Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini

I made this yesterday and it was really yummy. You know you have a winner when your hubby says "mmmm..." after his first bite and especially when he never cares if I make chicken or not! LOL

This recipe was kind of blended from two recipes...one out of Simply Delicious cookbook of mine and Giada De Laurentis' recipe off the Food Network.

Here's what I did...

4 tbsp. butter
oil
chicken
salt
pepper
1 lb mushrooms
1/2 large onion (I could have used mored)
5 cloves garlic, minced (Could have used more)
1/4 tsp crushed, dried thyme
1 tbsp sherry
1/3 cup flour (maybe a little more)
1 cup milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
linguine
1 cup parmesan cheese

Cut chicken into bite size pieces, salt and pepper them. Brown chicken in one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon oil. In same pan, melt another tablespoon of butter and saute mushrooms until soft and most liquid has evaporated. Add onions, garlic, thyme and continue to saute. Add sherry (one of the recipes called for 1/2 cup dry white wine, which I didn't have and didn't use), cream, milk and most of the chicken broth. The left over broth I added my flour to, and stirred well. I added that to the sause mixture. Add more pepper and salt to taste, and simmer, stirring often, until thickened.

Prepare pasta. When pasta is cooked, put it on the bottom of a sprayed pan (13x9 or 9x9...which is what I used). Pour sauce over and top with parm cheese.

Heat in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Tasty!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to put this on the menu for next week.. I just realized that you live over in Grand Junction.. My DH has family there

    ReplyDelete