Friday, May 30, 2008

So I just finished watching P.S. I Love You...

I hated it. I. Hated. It.

I read the book last week, and it was an okay book. The writing didn't knock my socks off...I felt like I was reading an 8th grader's writing. It was just amateurist. So I thought perhaps the movie would be better. Someone had said how awesome of a show it was, and some people had said on-line that the show had made them laugh, and cry, and feel sorrow, etc. etc. etc. And perhaps if I hadn't read the book first I might have enjoyed the movie.

BUT...

The movie did not follow the book AT ALL. And I mean AT ALL!!!!! She had to buy a bedside lamp, that was the first letter. Other than that, the movie was a totally different movie...

Here are a few of the differences:

The movie took place in NYC. The book in Ireland. Holly grew up by the beach there. She did have to sing at kereoke (I don't know how to spell that), but it wasn't in her mother's bar, it was in Daniel's bar. She had two brothers in addition to her sister that was in the movie, and her dad had not left her mother. Her inlaws didn't come to the funeral because they were traveling, or something. They didn't just stay in Ireland and they were snoots. Holly had gone through several jobs in the years previous to Gerry dying, and they were all secretarial jobs. Nothing at all was mentioned about her being a real estate agent. Designing shoes had nothing to do with it. Gerry did send Holly and her friends on a trip, but it was to Spain, to a nice tropical beach, not to Ireland. Oh, the list goes on and on!

Not my favorite movie at all!!! And that's my rant for the night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment