Friday, October 17, 2008

COLD weekend getaway to Georgetown and Denver

We headed to Denver the other weekend for a Broncos game. Of course, it decided to get cold and wet for that trip! We went to Georgetown and spent Friday night there. The next morning we got in the pool. The water was really warm...nice surprise for an indoor pool. They aren't normally very warm.



I am always on a quest to get the perfect jumping picture! These were both TERRIBLY over-exposed, and so when I darkened them in Photoshop, Breccan's turned a really funky color. I tried to fix it, to no avail. I'm wondering if the sun didn't come out about the time he jumped and that's why there's such a different color.
My kids are fish.


This shot I thought I'd try for a Christmas card picture. Not happening!
So Saturday morning I got up and got online on my computer to check the time to get on the train. I made the reservations for 12:45, thinking it was 12:45 from Georgetown. It wasn't. It was 12:45 from Silver Plume. Good thing I checked. We had to drive back to Silver Plume, which was only about 7 minutes or so. When we got to Silver Plum, we needed to find a place to eat and there's only three places. We settled on The Tea Room and it turned out to be a pretty good meal. The flowers above, and this pic of BayLea and I are taken there.


Then we got on the train, in the wet, drizzling rain.

Breccan fell asleep about 20 minutes into the train ride (no wonder, he goes to bed late when we're in a hotel room, but STILL gets up at 5:30 or 6:00 a.m.).
It was a great little ride. I'm excited to go again when it's WARM!
Breccan was still asleep when we pulled back into the station.
In Denver the kids did a little more swimming. Did I mention they're fish?


And then off to the Broncos game.



Look at how high we are...



way up there.

We had a great time, cold and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment