Monday, January 19, 2009

BayLea's Birthday at School

BayLea really wanted to spend the night with her Mimi and Pa on the eve of her birthday. So I let her, feeling a little sad the whole time, but knowing that she was having fun! I even called her before she went to bed and told her mommy missed her soooo much. She said, "Mommy, write a little note that says 'I love you very much' and put it on my pillow, okay?" So I did. she's such a precious little thing! So the next morning, on her birthday, her daddy got pink roses and delivered them to her at Mimi's house. BayLea loves them. They are now dead, but still in the vase on our table. She's reluctant to throw them out.

I got there a little later and we made brownies with frosting to take to her school for her school celebration.

A birthday kiss from Pa.
And then a taste of the brownie mix. Look at Breccan!
Mmmmmm....tasty stuff, brownies.


And here are my kids, loving each other! Love it when they are sweet!
Now we're ready to head to school. I took the day off so that I could spend part of her day with her at school. Doesn't she look just darling?
She wanted me to curl her hair into ringlets.

At school, they had their reading celebrations. BayLea earned a pencil this time.
Miss Britney is letting her pick out her pencil. Next week she earns a coupon for a free kids meal at Texas Roadhouse. Yummmm.
And then her group worked on writing their numbers on their calendars. Her group is called something silly like the Yellow Duck Horses. I'm sure the horses part came from BayLea.

Done perfectly! Good job, my little one!
And now they're singing happy birthday to her and waiting for her to take the first bite. Oh my heavens, isn't she precious standing there!
And the bite....
now everyone else can eat too!
Time for the pledge. They've learned it in both English and Spanish.
Breccan enjoyed his time there too. I hope he'll be a part of this pre-k program next year.

BayLea's job this week was calendar pointer. She loves calendar...we have to do calendar stuff at home that she directs. It's hilarious listening to her make us pretend to be in school as she makes up stuff for us to do.

She really had a great afternoon. Now we are heading off to Red Robin for yet another birthday celebration! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment