Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meatball Stew: Make this stew! It's excellent!

frozen meatballs, heated in oven so that they're not completely frozen
2 cans (14 1/2 oz each ) beef broth (I accidently used chicken broth..worked fine)
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed golden mushroom soup
4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
1 jar (16 oz) pearl onions, drained (I used frozen ones)
3/4 cup elbow macaroni
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley (didn't have, so didn't use)

In a dutch oven, add meatballs, broth, soup, potatoes, carrots and pearl onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I know this is an older post but I have come to your blog so many times over the past couple of years to use your recipes (and to LOVE your photography) . . . I finally decided it was about time that I thanked you! My family regularly requests this particular recipe, although I've used so many of yours and they loved those too. Thank you so much for sharing what you do! I really enjoy all your posts. Your family seems so loving and kind. Thanks again! Off to plug in the crock pot now! (PS I found you through 2peas way back in the day, as you can probably guess by my username!)

    ReplyDelete