Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July 2008

Our 4th of July was actually two days long this year! It started out on Thursday. We went downtown to the Farmer's Market. It was hot hot! As we walked along, I noticed the kids holding hands! Wow, maybe they do like each other! Sure wish those hiney's weren't in there!
My little family!
It is so hard to get a picture of Breccan. He just tells me no and looks away. BayLea however, will look at me and smile!

Mom and dad picked these little helicopter toys up from one of the booths. Both the kids loved it, but Breccan accidently stepped on his first thing and broke it. We got him another one which he lost! But they did have a good time with them and those little things sure could fly!


Aawwww...I love those kids!
Then we went to Great Pa's for his birthday party/Fireworks show. They have a house in Fruita that sits above the river with a perfect view of the fireworks display that Fruita puts on each year. So this was the first 10:30 p.m. bedtime night for my kids. BayLea's thing is to make funny faces for my camera...that's what she's doing here!


Then we celebrated the actual 4th of July at our house. We had hamburgers, baked beans, roasted potatoes, veggies, Strawberry Fluff, and watermelon. Yummy! Mom, Dad and Jason came over.
We made these hats during the afternoon of the 4th to pass the time. They were mostly a lot of work for me, cutting out all those things, and then twisting the pipe cleaners. But it was something to do. And Breccan loved his.

I love her little ribbons in her hair! I'm not sure what the goofy smile is about, but I think she might have a couple cherry tomatoes in her cheeks!


We had fireworks in our little backyard on Friday (the 2nd 10:30 p.m. bedtime for the kids). For backyard type fireworks, they were pretty cool. There was one that must have gone on for 5-7 minutes, just changing the type of sparks that came out. It was really pretty. The kids of course, had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment