Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recipe: Chops with Mushroom Gravy

1/2 cup flour
1 - 2 tsp. paprika (I used 1 1/2 tsp.)
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6-8 boneless porkchops (I had bones in mine)
1/4 c butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I used fresh)
2 cups milk

Hot mashed potatoes

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients. Add pork chops, one at a time, and toss to coat. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a large skillet, saute chops in butter until golden brown; transfer to a greased 13 x 9inch baking dish. In same skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms until tender. Stir in reserved flour mixture, gradually add milk until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick. Pour over chops. Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.

I loved this. Even the kids ate it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I LOVE pork chops! :) It's one of my favorites that I have to cook at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete