Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Recipes: Angel Hair Pasta w/Mushroom, Sage and Chicken & Peas and Cashew Salad

So I've made two yummy new recipes this week.

Mom, Grandma Atkinson and Josh should be proud of me because I'm getting so that I can take a recipe and use it as a base for what it ends up being...adding the stuff that I like! WooHoo!

Angel Hair Pasta w/Mushroom, Sage and Chicken Sauce

Here was the base for the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fettucine-in-Creamy-Mushroom-and-Sage-Sauce/Detail.aspx

8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
a couple tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp minced garlic (I used the kind in the jar already minced)
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup whipping cream/heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 oz softened cream cheese
3 chicken tenders, cooked and chopped

Heat oil. Add onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender. Add cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and sage and cook and stir until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, cook angel hair pasta. When pasta is done, pour sauce over it and stir to combine!


Cashew Pea Salad
(from Simple and Delicious Taste of Home Mag)

8 oz frozen peas, thawed
1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 to 1 cup of whole cashews
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (I eyeballed it)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
dash garlic powder (next time I may use garlic salt, cuz I thought it needed it!)

In a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Combine and mix into pea mixture the mayonnaise, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder (salt). Serve immediately!

Even after 18 years of marriage I still love to hear Jery say "yum" when he eats dinner! Call me crazy, if you want, but I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment