Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meet the Teacher Night

BayLea got to meet her teacher the other night. She's going to Lincoln O.M. Elementary this year for kindergarten. I made this decision because I want to be somewhat involved in her first year of school and when you're a teacher, you don't get to take your kids to their first day of school, or pick them up from their first day because you have your own classroom with kiddos who are having their first day as well. So I decided to bring to her LOM partly for that reason. I'm also thrilled that Randee Bergen is her teacher. She is a fantastic writing teacher and I think BayLea will thrive in that type of classroom! My plan is that next year, BayLea will move back to her home school, Wingate. When Breccan starts kindergarten, my plan will be the same...with me at my school, and then back to his home school.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jery took these pictures as I was not able to attend with her at the Meet the Teacher night. I was having the pleasure of having a root canal done! Yuck. But the good thing is, is that I don't have 900 pictures to edit from this event, because Jery only took four. If I had been there I guarantee, I'd still be editing them! LOL

And just a slight brag on my friend, Randee Bergen...

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Writing-Kindergarten-Structured-Confident/dp/0545054001/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250801558&sr=8-1

Here is her writing in kindergarten book.

No comments:

Post a Comment