Monday, December 22, 2008

Artichoke recipes--two of my favorites

I made artichoke dip for Thanksgiving Eve this year. My niece, Catie, loved it. This is pretty unusual for her...she is quite the picky eater. Her mom is wanting the recipe for Christmas Eve. So here are two, and I think the first one is the one Catie liked best.

Artichoke Dip

1 8-z package cream cheese softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 grated parm cheese
1/2 tbsp granulated garlic (I use either fresh garlic clove or minced garlic)
1/2 tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill weed
salt to taste
1 14-oz can un-marinated artichoke hearts, drained

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Using a mixer (I used my food processor because I'm not into big chunks of aritchoke), blend all ingredients well. Place into shallow, ovenproof bowls or serving pans and bake for 45 minutes or until top is brown. If you are in a hurry, you can microwave for a minute or two and then bake in the oven until brown.

Second favorite:

Cheesy Artichoke Dip

1/2 bunch green onions
1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
Pinch of ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Mince white and green parts of green onion. Combine all ingredients and mix well with whisk until thoroughly combined. (again, me with the food processor). Heat in 375 degree oven until mixture is hot to the touch, about 30 minutes.

Enjoy! These are my two new favorite 'take to a potluck' type of dish.

1 comment:

  1. i am SO making this dip xmas eve. i have martha's recipe but your's sounds a bit better. yum!

    thanks for leaving me some blog love!

    ReplyDelete