Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Crusty Pecan Chicken

Here's another recipe I made last night that was pretty good! The kids ate it, and more importantly, Jery ate it! He isn't a chicken fan and so usually when I make chicken he only eats about half. But I think he pretty much cleaned up his plate for this one!

Pecan-Crusted Chicken

1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup finely chopped pecan
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1-1/2 tsp. paprika
1-1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened slightly (ooops! I forgot to flatten!)
2 tbsp. canola oil

Place milk in a shallow bow. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, pepper and salt. Dip chicken in milk and coat in flour mixture.

Brown chicken in hot oil in a nonstick skillet. Transfer to a greased 15x10 inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 15 - 20 minutes or until juices run clear.

I served this with Crash Hot Potatoes, found on the Pioneer Woman's blog (check the sidebar of blogs I watch and go to her recipe section). These were EXCELLENT!!!! I tried to put a link here, but I didn't have any luck. So you'll have to search yourself!!! Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment